- A thick steak - eye fillet, porterhouse or rib eye
- A thick steak is often tricky to cook, it sometimes cooks to your liking on the outside, but is raw on the inside. This is a foolproof method.
- Take the steak from the fridge, remove the wrapping and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 120C (fan forced). Put steak on a rack with a tray under it to catch the drips.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Whilst it is cooking, prepare a frying pan and get it really hot.
- Remove the steak from the oven and oil and season it (salt, pepper etc)
- Cook in the hot frying pan for 2 minutes on each side and 30 seconds on the fat or the side.
- Remove to a plate and let rest for 5-10 minutes. You might like to cover it with a tent of foil.