Ginger and Miso marinated flank steak with charred broccolini
- 600g flank steak (or you can use skirt or bavette)
- 2 tbps finely grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbps white miso paste
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- TAHINI MISO DRESSING
- 2 tbsps white miso paste
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- Place the ginger, garlic, miso and half the oil in a large zip lock bag.
- Add the steak and massage to rub in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- To makes the dressing, place the miso, tahini, vinegar and water in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat pan or BBQ over high heat. Place the broccolini and remaining oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Cook the broccolini, turning halfway, for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest for 6 minutes.
- Slice the beef across the grain, drizzle with the dressing and top with the seasame seeds. Serve with the broccolini and pickled ginger.